Monday, July 27, 2009

Mt. Hood


The first time I flew in to Portland during the summer was in August of 2004, and I was stunned and delighted with the clear view of Mt. Hood that I was able to take in during the airplane's final descent. Window seats rule!

Now working for a photography agency based out of Portland, I have seen more than my fair share of gorgeous photos of the mountain, but two new ones submitted by longtime Viewfinders contributor Rich Iwasaki caught my attention... perhaps because the focus is sharp enough to make out tree lines? Maybe because the evening light is just right?


Rich was coming home to Portland on a flight from Boise a few weeks ago when he took these photos. He says he shot only a few frames, watching Mt. Jefferson line up in the background. Some post-processing magic helped boost the quality of the image (scratches on the airplane window had lent some distortion to the originals).

Hooray for late summer sunsets and clear skies!

No comments:

Post a Comment